Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Snowman, a Baby...and Seven Things


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket



Please visit Cobbler Rune Gavier's mischievous nephew Friedrik on my blog Elven Slippers!


There, you will also meet a jolly Snowman named Winslow and singing Snowchild Clemot. Together, they spin a sweet story...they are also currently on ebay...


My Oh My




[kreativ_blog.jpg]




To say it is a priviledge to have received these awards from some very special friends is such an understatement compared to what they really meant to my heart. This post has taken me several days to put together because I wanted to show my appreciation by adding

a few pictures with a story or two...


Thank you dear Alena, Dorote, Julie, Lisa, and Lotti for granting me this time to talk

a little about...myself...


Alena, you must see her newest rabbit in a Top Hat
Lisa...extraordinary historical miniaturist

Dorote...who hales from Lithuania. Her sculpts are exotic, whimsical and intricately detailed right down to hand embroidered gowns and fairy boots!http://tirelessartist.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html



Julie...a fine English artist of totally unique ooak sculpts in dollhouse scale http://bellabelledolls.blogspot.com/



My German friend Lotti...come see her fabulous love for all things small


the Rules...

1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate 7 Bloggers
6. Post links to the ten blogs you nominate
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.


Seven things...Seven Stories

Photobucket



1. As a young visionary, I had novice plans to travel to Ireland, join a sisterhood

and care for lost children.

It didn't quite happen that way...

but it did happen.

After taking the long way 'round.

However, it was they

who found me
and I am lost no more...lol!

Photobucket


2. I do not suffer from even a smidgeon of boredom.
because...

The most interesting thing about me are the ones I live with.


11 children, some of them gathered from far and wide, 8 grandchildren, two faithful house rabbits, six dogs, not sure how many cats but they all want to live in the house, two male goats (who also want to live in the house), assorted chickens, guineas, ducks...and a husband who quite deftly helps me make a home in the midst of this constantly moving kaleidoscope.


Photobucket






Photobucket




3. Our farmhouse turns into a makeshift boat during the winter monsoons...


Often here in the Pacific Northwest we don't even have a first snow. Last year though, we were happily caught in the midst of a quiet snowstorm! Our old farm was transformed into a magnificant living postcard. We relished every moment of it...



Photobucket




But within a week of the snowfall, the warm Pacific winds began to stir and melted everything, even down to the first snowflake. Then it rained...and rained...and rained. With the snow melt off and the heavy rainfall, we experienced the worst flood ever. I posted pictures of it on this blog last year.



As my husband was busy moving everything up on pallets in our barn, a wee baby mouse was rescued from a floating mound of hay by my third oldest son. He scooped this round ball of fur up in his glove before the cats had their fun with him. He and his brothers made a mouse size cedar duplex and placed it in an old fishtank. We discovered he is a meadow mouse, or vole, to be exact.

'Gerbert" (named after a mouse I made the Christmas before) resides there still. Busily burrowing his tunnels, enjoying gourmet meals, and bathing in a private swimming pool. He cleans his hands and feet after every meal and is a very sweet little fellow.


Photobucket


Gerbert the rescued Vole




4. I have always longed for a cuckoo clock.
If you walk into the front door of our home, the first thing you will hear is the melodic sound of many ticking clocks.
The irony of this is that nary a one of us are a clock watcher. With all these clocks, you would think there would be at least one cuckoo to remind us non-clock watchers of the hour. But it was my sister who inherited our Great Aunt's German cuckoo clock. It was, and still is a persnickity time piece, so I never thought we would have the time or the know-how to keep one going.



As providence would have it, I have been looking to buy a small vintage cuckoo clock case to alter for a Tinkerbell's house.
Before I found the right size, I ended up with 10 of them!
Naturally, not even one of them worked.

After I hung them all up anyway, my second oldest son Charlie asked permission to tinker with some of them just for fun. A couple afternoons later, we are now the proud owners of four WORKING "birdie clocks"! We are all thrilled to be in the company of a REAL Tinker and four energetic cuckoos.

Photobucket


5. I would trade a trip to Hawaii for a shared cup of coffee over the table with either one of my sisters. That constitutes
a piece of heaven for me...

I am blessed to have two adult daughters and two sisters. We are known to mix up each other's names when our conversations become fast and furious. I have wondered why we do that...maybe it is because together we comprise one big lump of unconditional love. Nothing is ever too small or too trite to share between us...

Photobucket

Sharing a cozy coffee moment with my sister Karla in a small bistro on Hood Canal. We each traveled hours to have an afternoon together.


( taken by my oldest son Robert with his new camera)



Photobucket


6...As an artist I often feel that my creative efforts are awkward and sometimes guilt laden...


Shouldn't I really be sewing with my daughter or scrubbing the bathroom floor instead of tediously fiddling with a lump of clay attempting to turn it into something recognizable?


AND when I see the sleeping face of a softly breathing child in my hands, I become completely overwhelmed with the ingenious beauty of God's Art.


Suddently my efforts seem clumsy in comparison.


But then I am reminded of how I feel when my children bring to me their enthusiatic stick drawings. Or their simple yet arduous attempts at sculptures of yarn or clay.


To me, they are masterpieces.

I need to be reminded of that sometimes.


Maybe God feels that way about my attempts at creating. And perhaps that is why we should be really good at encouraging one another's "masterpieces".


Photobucket


7. I always pray when I start a new sculpture...or...anything. So it has Often been Said that my Head is in the Clouds,

but of course I would have it no other way...






It was a daunting task trying to select ONLY seven recipients. I would have loved to pass this award along to all the treasured friends in my flower garden. What a blessing of inspiration and encouragement you have been to me!
After much thought, I chose friends who create art in an array of mediums.



Please accept these awards with my admiration.

I look forward to learning more about you!


Cindy, a maker of sweet Fairytale Pillows to dream upon

http://cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/11/cindy-vintage-castel-pillow.html



Christel, a very dedicated new ooak sculptor who has just started a blog http://christelhutson.blogspot.com/



Jacqueline, who generously shares with us her real Fairyland http://jacquelines-land.blogspot.com/2009/11/candyland-fairy-land.html

Karri, creator of whimsical folk and recently has returned to sculpting faeries http://curnowart.blogspot.com/



Miriam, a writer who passionately paints with words http://sospesaneltempo.blogspot.com/



Pat, a potter, a felter and a candlestick maker (and lots more!)http://woolytales.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-pottery-making.html


My daughter Tomi, a true artisan of the most remarkable bears http://bramblewoodbears.blogspot.com/


Bless you all...
until we meet again...Rose



Photobucket



23 comments:

  1. Rose, I have always found you an inspiration, a creative wonder and I admire you greatly.
    Debie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Rosa~
    I absolutely *LOVE* that you tell all with your pictures.... it is so you Rosa!*grin*
    And yes , I can not imagine you not creating someting beautiful everyday because your gift is from the Lord Jesus and you honorhim with your talents in each of your creations... the innocence of this tea child is so evident and beautiful , so yes , with your head in the clouds ,grin , I pray for you and your work to be a bless and delight not only to the receipient but to all of us that shares it with you.
    Thank you for the award.... I will think about things people don't already know about me.... I may be willing to tell the *bad* things about me...mmm,thinking again...maybe not!*grin*
    Love you with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He leido varias veces tu entrada, Porque si me gustan mucho tus trabajos, que los considero maravillosos, creo que mas me gusta tu Manera de escribir, de describir cada detalle, tus historias particulares que nos las confías como amiga y tan parecidas que un hijo casi todas las que estamos Detrás del PC, que muchas de ellas me siento identificada, desde luego NUNCA, con tu arte, pero sí de tus vivencias, inquietudes, deseos, etc
    Ni se te OCURRA dejar de lado el don que Dios te ha Dado de CREAR estas obras de arte. Fregar, planchar, cocinar, SE PUEDEN hacer sin dejar de crear un. A veces las postales como tu dices de avidad, como la de tu granja, detras hay problemas de inundaciones, aquí el clima es más suave, pero tambien hay riesgos de lluvias torrenciales. Hoy estamos a 25 º y hace bueno.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rose,What a wonderful day this is for me! To receive awards from you is thrilling!Thank you so very much for your support of me as I progress! Just think, someday you can say I knew her when...haha, dare to dream! As you know by now, I am in love with your work. Your style is so captivating, each new sculpture pulls you in, heart and soul. I aspire to become an accomplished artist, and wonderful person like you! Godspeed XXOXO Christel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, your words and pictures bring tears of joy to my eyes. We are so blessed in ways that are not material but much better and worth while...I think I am most blessed with such a God-given and deep loving mother. You are a treasure to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose...even though we have never met personally.. I can tell you have a beautiful spirit. The fact that you give God all the glory is so inspirational to me. You are a creative and wonderous person that I admire greatly. Your latest little piece is delightful. Have a creative and beautiful day!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sono senza parole mia cara Rose...che dirti? Non sono purtroppo una scrittrice anche se mi piace raccontare a voi le mie emozioni e i miei stati d'animo, si hai ragione tutto questo lo sto facendo con tanta passione, scrivere e dipingere con le parole può essere un bel binomio vincente!
    Ti ringrazio per il pensiero gentilissimo, custodirò nel mio cuore i tuoi riconoscimenti e premi...
    Con immenso affetto
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so deeply touched by your loving my castle pillow. And thank you for honoring me with this award and making me feel included in your world of art. I feel that I've known you for quite awhile. Maybe it was in the pre-existance.

    I want to spend some time on those questions and my answers, so I will have to wait until friday. But I look forward to doing it.

    Eternal Friends,
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ti ho linkato nel mio ultimo post! A presto...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose, I can hardley believe that you live on a farm and have that many children. You surely deserve Gods greatest blessings, which are, I truely believe, children, so your in the perfect spot.

    I wanted to tell you that I am having a christmas drawing for my followers this Friday. Hope you win.

    Love ya
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am ALWAYS inspired when I visit your blog and I missed that in the month when I had no computer.

    I LOVED reading your 7 things - fascinating and a real treat to learn more about one of my fav artists.

    Thank you Rose for your welcome back message on my blog - I am so glad to be back!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear Marimer,
    Usted me dice palabras sabias, Marimer. No podemos cambiar el hecho que somos apasionados sobre la creación de nuestra arte. ¡Todavía aprendo a equilibrar esto con el resto de mi vida! Uno de los mayores regalos que mi arte ha traído encuentra amigos como usted que habla a mi alma ... y quién también entiende...
    Espero este invierno será amable a usted. Espero que Dios le guarde sin peligro en Sus manos y todos estarán bien.
    Usted es tal bendición a mí, amor de ...Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Warm Christmas greetings Pat,
    I can just imagine the flurry of activity that must be going on at your home during this your favorite time of year. There is a tiny tree of yours I noticed on Dashboard decorated to the nines...after making a fresh cup of coffee I will be off to take a closer look at it! Thank you for your gentle comments. You have touched the center of my heart...lovingly, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  14. The feeling is mutual Debie...I respect your forthrightness that clearly comes through in your writing and your art. It is an honor to know you visit me and to call you a friend...much love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Warm greetings Christel, Oh, what a joy your enthusiasm has been to get all wrapped up in. It is so much fun to watch your art progress and get to know you through it...thank you for making yourself so available for friendship and for offering such lovely encouragement! You are truly a blessing from God...love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tomi Maria, I have said this before and will probably say it many many more times...you have given my life such incredible worth. It is a miracle that God has granted me with such a blessing..I love you...your mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an inspiring post. Visiting your blog is such a joy, like stepping out of reality and into an absolute dream.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so wonderful to read your comments and know that you have visited me, Marcie, Miraim and Cindy! It is true, we have not met, yet friendships are truly being forged. A friendship based not on the outward, but rather on the inward ponderings of our hearts that touch one another. I treasure each one of you...love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to have you back in the fold, Sue! Your presence was sorely missed...love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for dreaming with me Mary! Now I am off to join you in your flights of fancy as well...love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ........|___|...TE DESEO
    ........|000|...FELIZ NAVIDAD
    ........|000|...LLENA DE LUZ Y AMOR
    ........|000|...Y PROSPERIDAD
    ........|000|... FELIZ AÑO NUEVO 2010
    .........\00/.... Q ESTE AÑO SEA CARGADO
    ..........\0/..... DE BUENAS VIBRACIONES Y BUENOS DESEOS
    ...........||...... PARA TODOS, SON LOS SINCEROS DESEOS
    ...........||...... DE ANA
    ...........||......
    .........._||_....FELI... FIESTAS!!!
    ♥¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´♥♥.¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)★¡¡¡Feliz Navidad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Rose
    You are such an inspiration to all, my dear friend. It is always such a comfort to visit you here. I loved reading your seven things and viewing the beautiful photos... love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hola Ana...thank you for your festive greeting!

    Hello Penny! So glad you stopped by. I just saw your sentimental new painting of your mother and her beautiful, soulful eyes. I very much look forward to seeing how she progresses!

    Take care my friends, love Rose

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and Thank You for visiting my blog...I would love to hear from you. Your thoughts are always welcome!
Rose